Wednesday, February 6, 2008

What Can Be Found In "Lost"



There's a new book out! Okay, new revelation, right? To the writing of books there is no end. King Solomon had it correct. Even though I don't read as much as I used to, I have ordered this book! It's "What Can Be Found In Lost."




Here is part of the editorial review from Amazon. (Start of review.)

What can Christians learn from one of the most popular TV series of all time? The show features a cast that struggles with the eternal issues of identity, conflict, relationships, and spirituality. Though the show does not have a Christian foundation or theme, there is much believers can learn about social and cultural attitudes and perspectives through its episodes such as...

The selfish bent of human nature
The darkness of evil
The hunger people have for acceptance and success
The realization of our need for God
The hope for a positive future

Many of the problems and difficulties of everyday life are captured succinctly in LOST making it a useful point of reference for understanding how different people view issues of a spiritual nature. (End of review.)

Obviously as a fan of "Lost" I'll find this book to be interesting. Even if it isn't "as" spiritual as I might hope it'll be (but it could), I'll still find it an interest as I cannot get enough of the show. It's written by John Ankerberg and Dillon Burroughs. I used to watch John's insightful program years ago as he dealt much with spiritual issues as the dangers of cults in America. If it ends up being just a "fun" book, it'll still be worth some light reading. Be well all!

3 comments:

  1. Let me know how you like it. I agree, it looks really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember the book and movie Lord of the Flies? Now there's a story about the human condition. I still haven't seen an episode of Lost...one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Shumway,

    You're missing out! "Lost" rocks!
    I think I can say that even at my age! However, the downside is you might be a little "lost" if you haven't followed it from the beginning!

    Hope you get well soon!

    Randy

    ReplyDelete