Monday, February 11, 2008

Facing The Giants



What a wonderful movie. At first I was a little bit reticent on watching it. I don't watch a lot of movies that deal with sports. I also felt that this movie might be a bit of a "b" type movie. Boy, I was wrong. It was a very moving story.
We don't always have to have high-tech graphics and sound-effects for a film to be good. And this movie was very good.

This story deals primarily with Grant Taylor. He's a losing coach with an underdog football team and he faces the giants of fear and failure on and off the field to surprising results. Secretly, people are trying to replace him as coach, his car is broken down and he cannot give his wife children.

This movie had some comical moments that got me to laugh. Most importantly, it caused me to reflect and taught me that we all can face our giants and know that our God can carry us through. I put two clips from the movie on this post. I so related to Grant as he told his wife Brooke about how bad he felt about losing at everything. When he put his head in his hands and wept it really touched me. I think it will do the same for you. The second scene has him reading scripture and giving a heartfelt prayer.

By all means, rent or buy this movie. You won't be sorry you did. At least I think you won't be if it touches you the way it has me and many others. Be well all.










Grant and Brooke talk at the table















Grant Prays

2 comments:

  1. I meant to get this movie and never got around to it. Thanks for the reminder. I've been sick the past few days and today is the first day I feel well enough to get caught up on the blogs. Hope you're doing well, my friend.

    ReplyDelete