Friday, January 25, 2008

Friday Flashback

You'll notice a lot of my blogging has to do with music. Music IS one the greatest passions of my life. Sometimes, other than prayer and God's Word, it's the one balm that will really get to me. I had this thought today that I might make Friday's posting about music and call it "The Friday Flashback." There's a lot of new stuff on the market these days. Some of it is really good. Of course, Michael W. Smith is still making some decent recordings and I do like Mercy Me and Casting Crowns.

However, I feel that we forget the pioneers of yesteryear. And if they weren't a contemporary Christian pioneer, some artists just put out some great music. I'm going to try this for a week or two and see how it pans out. If you would like to comment as to whether you'd like this or not, let me know.



This week, I want to feature a great album released in 1981 called, "Inspiration" by Dony McGuire. It has some great tunes on it. One is "It's My Desire" that stirs me everytime, plus some greats like "Never Ending Love" and "Because Of Whose I Am." I'm playing a clip of one of the upbeat tunes called, "Stop This Haulin' Water." It has a good message and it makes my feet tap. So, you can tell I like it.

Finally, as a side note, if you are looking for some old recordings from years ago, I recommend a site that is great at getting close to anything you might need in Contemporary Christian music. It's Spinone80com. Check it out. Jeff runs it and does a great job converting old LP's into cdr format.

Well, that's it for this week. Have a great weekend everyone!

Stop This Haulin' Water

2 comments:

  1. Is Donny still married to Reba Rambo? Back in the late 70's, I had a Reba Rambo album that I loved. It had the song "He Gives Me Joy" on it. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy,

    Yes, they are married. They are also featured on a new dvd series along with David Meece, Steve Archer, Barry McGuire, and others called The Beginnings Concert. It has all these artists from yesteryear performing for one night!

    Randy

    ReplyDelete