Sunday, March 23, 2008

Fav Albums

Just for fun and frivolity, I thought I'd mention some of my favorite recordings of all time. To name "all" the music that I enjoy would take me weeks. However, there are twelve to fifteen recordings that I enjoy to this day. So, here we go, with volume one. Maybe I'll list a volume two later. These listings are in no particular order.

Rod McKuen-At Carnegie Hall




Rod was one of the best known poets of his generation. He has written so many books it would be hard to list them all. Plus, his Carnegie Hall concert from 1969, to me, is a classic.


Peter Cetera-World Falling Down




Peter used a different producer on this CD. It's a bit more aggressive than some of his other ballad oriented offerings. There's not a bad song on this release. Still one of my favorites to this day.



Glenn Frey-Strange Weather




Glenn obviously is one of the lead singers of the Eagles. His solo performances are great as well. My fav from this CD has to be "Part Of Me, Part Of You." Good memories.



Elton John-Blue Moves



Elton said this is one of his best ever. I think so too. It's more artsy and not as commercial sounding. Plus, with the great composer James Newton Howard on it, you can't go wrong.



Jude Cole-Start The Car



Not many people know of Jude Cole. I first heard of him while driving too fast on a summer day (I mean, driving safely) down Mulford Road in Rockford Illinois when I first heard this great artist. This was and still is an all time favorite.


The Eagles-Greatest Hits



One of the best selling albums of all time. My favorite of all time has to be "Lyin' Eyes." Kind of lived through some of that song in a way. Brings back a lot of memories.




Well, that's it for today. Hopefully I'll get to volume two later. Be well.

1 comment:

  1. I like Jude Cole. I'm probably one of the few folks on the planet (besides you) that like him. I think I have two or three of his CDs, but not this one. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete