Friday, July 4, 2008

4th Of July


I hope all my friends have a great 4th of July. I was thinking that even with all the problems we face as a nation, I'm still glad to be an American. Sure, our country has so much wrong with it that needs correcting. I believe though, that the original framers of the Constitution had it right. The "original intent" of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence are two of the finest documents ever conceived. We've fallen from those original ideas. Let's all pray for our nation. We have more areas of concern than ever before.

On a positive note, we are still so blessed. Compared to many parts of the world, we still have it so good. So, today, I give thanks for our nation and the freedoms we still enjoy that came at a great cost. Greater still, is the independence we received as children of the Lord. Not bound by the world's system we have been bought with a price and the shackles of the world no longer bind us. True freedom and independence in Christ. Have a great fourth of July everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this, Randy. I totally agree. I get all teary every fourth thinking of the sacrifices and the fact that God blessed me enough to make me be born in this country. I pray for our leaders and our country too, because I know that this world is so full of sin and the only real solution is God.

    Have a great day, Randy. Sniz

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. Things are screwed up, but it's still a great place to live and raise a family.

    ReplyDelete