Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Rod McKuen



One of my all time favorite poets and singers turns 75 today! Rod McKuen. I first heard of Rod in 1973 and his live Carnegie Hall release. My favorite book of his is "Stanyan Street And Other Sorrows." He also did the score for "A Boy Named Charlie Brown." His rendition of Linda Ronstadt's "Long Long Time" is an all time favorite. There are those memories that stay with a person. Rod's poetry and music has always been a staple of mine. So, I hope Rod has a great birthday. Below, listen to a sample of "Stanyan Street." Happy Birthday to Rod.

Stanyan Street

2 comments:

  1. So, I don't have much to say about Mr. McKeuen, but what's the deal with the Reds? I actually tuned into that failure to score game last night against the sCrUBS. Poor Harrang cannot get a win to save his life. WE NEED OFFENSE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rog,

    Everyone could use some McKuen in their lives! Well, though, he isn't for everyone.

    You're right about the Reds. What is going on? Offense would really come in handy right about now.

    Randy

    ReplyDelete