Thursday, December 20, 2007
I've been remiss on doing my Thursday Thirteen. So, here we go. I guess we all have our so called "Christmas List." Amy Grant recorded this some time back. It was called, "Grown Up Christmas List." The lines that got to me were:
No more lives torn apart
That wars would never start
And time would heal our hearts
And everyone would have a friend
And right would always win
And love would never end
This is my grown up Christmas list.
Today, in no particular order, here's some of my wishes if wishes do come true.
1. That people would really remember what this season is all about.
2. People wouldn't be sucked into the machine with their "need for greed."
3. Others would actually be kind to each other this time of year.
4. That we should remember Jesus everyday and not just one day of the year.
5. That it's called "Merry Christmas" and not "Happy Holidays."
6. That our soldiers would be remembered and prayed for at this special time.
7. That families truly love one another.
8. That people would realize Christ is the only way of true salvation.
9. We should be thankful for what he has already provided.
10. That I would always have a purpose in life that would honor Christ.
11. That loneliness would go away and I still believe there can be that special someone for everyone in life. Solitude can be good but devastating as well.
12. That I'll always remain faithful to the Lord and to my friends.
13. Last, but most importantly, that I love God more every day.
Tall list I know. But we can still dream, can't we? Still, Amy Grant said it best in her "Grown Up Christmas List." May the peace of Christ be with you all.
Grown Up Christmas List