Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Win XP Extended

This is a post I never published. But, it still makes for good reading!

It looks like Win XP will be supported with updates until 2014. I'm glad to hear that. Originally the ax date was going to be a lot sooner. I am running XP on my home computer and I've always been fond of XP. When I purchased my notebook it came pre-installed with Vista. Can't say I like Vista all that well. It's bloated with a lot of stuff I just don't need. However, that's the way it came, so I have to deal with it. The good thing is that XP is on the home machine. I do all my sound editing, VO work and more with apps that work well with my XP Pro. I was concerned that if I had to go to Vista I might have to purchase upgrades to this expensive software that I have. Well, it looks like I dodged the bullet for now.

My view on XP? If it isn't broke, don't fix it. XP to me is a fine OS, but no, Microsoft can't leave their tweaking little hands alone on things. I know eventually that XP will say goodbye. But, I'm glad I can buy a little time until then. There's just so many small irritations with Vista that annoy me. And...maybe the outcry from others like myself thwarted Microsoft from scrapping XP too soon. Sure, it's been around awhile. But, back to my major premise. If it's not broke, don't fix it. In amusement but also with sadness sometime back I read my friend Joel's blog. He had mentioned that his bank had switched the interface and he had to click through a myriad of prompts to get to where he wanted to be. When, before, he could get there in two clicks.

Word to Microsoft, software makers, et.al. If it's not broke, again, don't fix it!

No comments:

Post a Comment