Saturday, June 27, 2009

Michael Jackson


There's obviously enough press over Michael Jackson. There's not much anyone can really add to what is being written. I can only make the following observations. Sure, he was eccentric and accused of many things. He also was very gifted as well. My take is this: Regardless of what someone thinks of Michael, he was still a human being in need of a savior! Do we ever really stop to think about actors, singers, entertainers as being "real" people aside from their stage performances? And...do we think to pray for these people?

All the money in the world cannot save a soul. I've often commented to others that those in Hollywood, Nashville or anywhere else for that matter need a savior. Even Shia LaBeouf said there was something missing in his life. Elvis obviously dabbled in mysticism, drugs, and other vices looking for the answer. Sure, we all must answer for our lives before God someday. I just think if some would show compassion to a lost and dying world maybe more would be going to the altar. Just my humble take. Remember, God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked.

It's sad that so many who do have the money and fame use it to destroy themselves faster than others. I can't help but think of the old song I love so much, "Only Jesus Can Satisfy Your Soul" written by Lanny Wolfe. Of course scripture too says, "What shall a man profit if he gains the world and loses his soul?" I think the question is obviously answered. It's really sad that a man comes down to the end of his life at fifty with just a chimp named Bubbles as a friend.

END NOTE: Of the subject, but I know my blogging has been sparse. I really write for my own enjoyment. It's like an online journal. However, I can actually just journal offline using Word. If there are a few of you that read my blog or just "lurk" could I ask you to leave a comment if you still enjoy the blog? I would appreciate it. I know my friend Roger has felt that way too. Thanks so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment