Saturday, May 24, 2008

Michael English In Concert


It was exactly one year ago in this very merry month of May that I was able to see Michael English perform. Tonight was a treat just as before as Michael returned to the Richmond Indiana area. My date Julie and I had a very good time that evening. Michael performed some of his old classics and a couple of the new tunes from "The Prodigal Comes Home." His voice to this day, I think, is one of the very best ever. He wrapped up the evening with his signature song, "In Christ Alone."

During the concert he mentioned at some point recently he was doubting that his voice was holding up. I don't think he has anything to be concerned about. He was just as good as ever. And, as always, he was as kind after the concert to greet and meet everyone. It was over a two hour drive each way, but well worth it. Michael is one of my all time favorites. If you haven't heard Michael's new release, do yourself a favor and pick it up. I think you'll be more than pleased with his new offering. May the peace of Christ be with you all.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry that I haven't been by in a while. Baseball/softball season is keeping me busy and I've been spending more time outside working the yard this year.

    I hope you're doing well. We still need to plan that Reds game. It looks like late June or July will be the best time for me (i.e. after our seasons wind down).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rog,

    I know you've been busy. But, we can still get that Reds game going.

    Hope you are well.

    Randy

    ReplyDelete