Thursday, May 14, 2009

Lost: Season 5 Finale


What a tremendous two hours for a finale. There's not much I can say that could add to the excitement of this "showdown" from last night's endings. Well, I'll just throw in some of my random thoughts. We finally get a glimpse of Jacob. Obviously, the guy never ages like Richard (Mr. Eyeliner). However, Jacob is still vulnerable to death. For whatever reason Jacob didn't approve of Benjamin. What a stinging reply when Ben asked Jacob, "What about me?" Jacob says, "What about you?" The indictment is clear, Jacob didn't care about Ben but had some affinity for Locke for whatever reason. I don't think we've seen the end of Jacob though.

There was the obvious dispute of Jack and Sawyer. Sawyer beat the crap out of Jack until Juliet said "stop." Juliet still feels that Sawyer's heart is with Kate. So, they all decide the bomb goes down the hole. More on this love thing in a bit.

I can't think of the antagonistic operator of the drilling, you know, the sour guy with the glasses. They need to erase him. However it seems that Chang understands what is happening and at one point, Miles yells out to him, "Dad." Good moment.

There's more to this Ra Sun God than is being let on. Plus after reading Wikepedia there is an antagonist that goes against Ra. Obviously the old statue is holding the ankh, the Egyptian cross that has something to do with eternal life. So, I do know that Richard isn't Ra, but I don't think Jacob is either. Somehow I think they tapped into that power. Now this I do believe. In three countries there are obelisks that represent the sun. One, is in Egypt, one in Rome AND one in D.C. Coincidence. I wonder.

I just can't get that scene of Juliet out of my mind. Sawyer was holding on to her with all of his might. He didn't want her to fall into the pit. She kept screaming out, "I love you, I love you." Call me a romantic, but that was "the" best scene in the whole episode. I've been there. Well, not in a hole hanging on for dear life! Juliet truly loves Sawyer but feels that Kate is in the way. But even before her grip loosens, she keeps saying "I love you" to him. When you are in that kind of moment, real truth comes out. I know its fiction, but stories are representations of real life at times. For I once had someone tell me that she loved me with her whole heart and walked away from me. I was devastated. Who said that it was better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all? I'd sure like to talk that person. There are times when "maybe" its best not to fall in love at all. I'm just rambling. For if you don't love, you can't be hurt. I'm not saying I truly believe this. But, in life aren't we all looking for love and acceptance? That is what makes this show so unique. The whole world is looking for love. But, maybe in the wrong places. Not to sound all country music now, ha. But, I just can't get over that scene with Juliet. The best scene ever. Well, now the hiatus. Season six will end the whole thing as they flashed the banner for the end saying the next season would reveal the destiny. It's going to be a long summer. Be well all.

No comments:

Post a Comment