Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Grace To You


Today I just wanted to give credit where it is due. For years, Dr. John MacArthur and his program "Grace To You" has been a strong staple in my spiritual life. I first heard of John back in 1987. I don't know why I hadn't heard of him sooner. But, better late than never.

In today's Christian world there are so many voices that fill the airwaves. It would do us wise to check out anyone that we listen to. Obviously, Paul the apostle also said that those who teach will be held to a higher standard as well. John MacArthur fits the model to me of a man of faith, theologically sound and loyal. Of course those who know me, know where I stand theologically.

Recently John has made many of his sermons available to those who would like to download them via mp3. What a blessing. It's great too, if you take your Ipod and load it up with those sermons and play them on long trips in the car.

There are some ministries that I really believe in, and "Grace To You" is one of them. So, if you find the time, check out www.gty.org. I'm a bit biased but I think his study bible is one of the best ever. There was an old credit card commercial from years ago that said, "don't leave home without it!" I kind of feel that way about John's study bible.

I just wanted to take a few moments today and give credence to a man that I believe has stood the test of time and is a loyal man of God. In this day and age, especially now, we need sound doctrine more than ever. So, if you find the time, check out the "Grace To You" website. The link is on the right. Be well all.

2 comments:

  1. Lately I've become a Michael Easely fan because of the way he handles the Word (I get his podcasts on my iPod Touch--that I just got). There's no doubt that John is solid. I have one issue with him, but it's within the "agree to disagree" realm as I have many close friends who thrive on his teaching. The man who led me to the Lord ended up going to his seminary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roger,

    I do have a few small areas of disagreement with John MacArthur. But, like you, it is the "agree to disagree" thing. However, I don't think any one person has a one-hundred percent grasp on the totality of scripture. I'm sure when when we get to heaven, the Lord will have to "fine tune" a few of the things that I might be off on!

    Randy

    ReplyDelete