Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Random Things

This has been passed around and I thought I would use it for my post today. It basically deals with "25 random things about me." And it's supposed to be written randomly and not in any chronological order. Well, you heard the phrase, "it's all about me." I guess today, it is! haha. I read some pretty interesting things from other bloggers. So, here goes.

Random Things About Me (this is totally off the cuff!)

1. I am a huge Peter Strauss fan. Ever since I saw him in "Rich Man, Poor Man" in 1976 I have been enthralled with his acting.

2. I have a love for maps. I can sit and look at a world atlas and eat it up. I like looking at how far it takes to get from one place to another and so forth.

3. I chuckled at Cindy's comment on not wanting to be in a hardware store. I have the same feeling about being in a fabrics/crafts store. Oh, the pain, the pain.

4. My favorite novels of all time are "Rich Man Poor Man" and "Beggarman Thief" (the sequel) both written by Irwin Shaw.

5. Cannot stand winters. I am definitely in the wrong state. We just got hammered with a lot of snow. I am like a bear, I can definitely hibernate inside during this time of year.

6. I love to travel. I've been all over the US and fortunate to go to Germany twice! Nurnberg is a geat historic site.

7. I don't like clowns. I don't like circuses either. There's a troubling aspect for me with the clown thing.

8. Even though it is cheap, my favorite cologne is "Aspen." However, if I am around anyone that has too much of a fragrance on, it gives me a headache.

9. My favorite foods are chili, steak, potatoes, vegetables and fruits. I don't like cassaroles of any kind at all. I get sick even thinking about it.

10. I love all kinds of music except for rap. The only exception might be "DC Talk" if they use a lot of melody in a song.

11. Other than the aforementioned novels that were written in the seventies, I don't care for novels. I would rather watch a good movie over a novel. I prefer non-fiction books and love biographies.

12. I was born a blonde. I had long curly locks of hair. Well, it turned dark. I keep my hair short. If it gets longer it tends to become wavy. I like straight hair.

13. I have many things that I wish I could do but don't have the talent for. The biggest one is being a singer or musician. Thankfully, my speaking voice held up and I got paid to play music. Most of my heroes have been musicians.

14. I'm very fond of aviation. I'm always in awe of a plane in flight. When I do travel, half the fun is flying. However, now with all the security some of the fun has been taken out of it.

15. I enjoy movies that deal with politics. "Breach", "In The Life Of Fire", "Dave", "The Sentinel" and others are big favorites of mine.

16. I love the smell of wood burning. When I was in the fifth grade, we were going outside for recess and some home nearby had a wood burning stove going. It was sunny that day and I felt so alive. To this day, that is my favorite smell.

17. One of my all time favorite states is Texas. I really like warm weather and I can take the heat better than the cold. Plus, I visited my friend Roland there a few years back when he lived outside of Dallas. What a great time.

18. I'm left-handed. They say that there are ten to fifteen percent of people who are. It is a disadvantage. Everything seems to be made for right-handers. When I was in school I had to make sure I took my ball glove for recess. Many kids would borrow other friend's gloves. However, there aren't that many lefties and that kind of left me out. My grandfather on my father's side was left-handed as well.

19. I favor Coke over Pepsi. However, I drink Pepsi. For some reason if I drink too much Coke, it causes pain. The Pepsi doesn't. Go figure.

20. The very first 45rpm (or any music) I ever bought was "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" by B.J. Thomas. I think I was ten years old.

21. The very first CD I ever bought was in 1989 and it was "Holm, Sheppard and Johnson."

22. My favorite types of cars are the BMW and Mercedes. Also, I really like the old classic Mustangs. You could say I have a steak taste on a hamburger budget!

23. I don't like board games. The only board game I do like is Chess. I'm not good at it, but I do like the game itself. Plus, I don't play video games. I'm terrible at them. It's awful when ten year olds can beat me at them!

24. My favorite colors are hunter green and navy blue.

25. I really like the History Channel, Discovery and Biography channels.

Well, that's it! Be well all.

No comments:

Post a Comment