Monday, June 23, 2008

Perspectives


I just wanted to bring my readers up to date on a few things. It's been a busy few weeks for me. Not all of it bad though! Of course my Portland trip was a blast. I was talking to my friends about seeing the Pacific Ocean. I mentioned to them that I was more excited about that than when I saw the Grand Canyon a couple of years ago.

Some of my friends agreed. One said she would rather see water any day than a large open canyon. I agree. There's something about the water that draws me to it everytime. I was also impressed with how green everything was there. Of course with the amount of rain they get, I can see how things grow the way they do.

I have been remiss at catching up on my favorite blogs. Big Doofus and Miss Sniz's blogs are always such a treat. Plus, Cindy will always surprise you with the great assortment of things she blogs about. My friend Joel's Seventh Sola blog should never be missed. Joel has a keen spiritual insight and his blog is so on target.

Today, I was thinking about the great love of God again. You see, at times, I feel guilty about the great love he has bestowed upon me and I waver at times to stay focused. I know that I could never repay the Lord for all his goodness to me. He has been my mainstay in the good and bad times in my life. He never changes. Sunday morning I was staring out the window looking at the blanket of clouds that hung in the northern sky. I was listening to Petra's "Road To Zion." There's a line in the song that says, "the road to Zion is in your heart." I couldn't help but be amazed and humbled by God's great creation and his never ending love for me.

Things in life aren't always easy. Sometimes I have to try and strike a balance. It's easy for me to complain at times when things are bad. I'm working on that though! Then, when things go better, I seem to forget God and his blessings. Not all the time. The balance has to be that I need to be thankful in all things. Maybe that's why Philippians is my favorite book in the New Testament other than Romans which is my theological favorite.

I've already passed the half-century mark in living. I've walked with the Lord for thirty-five years. I'll leave you with something that happened to me a long time ago that I've never forgotten. I was driving down one of the local streets here in town. I remember praying in the car. I said something to the effect of: "Father, I know that I haven't always made the best decisions in life, but the best decision I ever made was to accept your wonderful grace and salvation." I'll never forget that day.

I pray that in my life that I will honor the Lord with whatever he desires of me. I'm always reminded of the old song, "Only Jesus Can Satisfy Your Soul." It's true. God has been good to all of us. Even those that don't know him as Lord has received grace at his merciful hand.

I know that in my writings my words seem to resonate the same things. I could talk about current events, sports, movies or whatever, but I find that I'm drawn more into what God is doing in our lives. I owe him so much. I'll always be grateful for his wonderful grace and love. Till soon, I wish all of my readers and friends well. Thanks for being there. I have been blessed so much. I talked with my dear friend Roland the other day. It was a good time. He's just one of many that has always stood by me during the good and bad times. Everyone should be as blessed as I am to have that kind of friendship. Till soon, be well my friends and may the peace of Christ be with you all.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a good time in Portland, Randy! It's about time you had some fun and relaxation. I've never been there, and I would love to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back (i.e. writing). I remember when I first put my trust in the Lord. It was nearly twenty years ago--best thing that ever happened to me. As much as I struggle with life still, I know that I'm blessed and have real hope.

    ReplyDelete