Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dark Days

Well, the election is over. I normally don't post anything of a political nature on my blog. It seems that you can talk about Jesus all day and no one is offended anymore. But, if you mention your favorite candidate, you'll get attacked from every side. Sad isn't it? Well, I'm going to keep this brief.

It does bother me that now we have a president-elect, and a House and a Congress that are Democrat controlled. I will say that whomever was elected I think our country is too far gone to be saved. You see, the scripture is true. Paul wrote to Timothy about the last days. I'm not an alarmist, but I can see it all around us.

The war situation, the economy, foreclosures, job losses, shifting work overseas and more, add to the woes that are among us. However, I do want to end on a more upbeat note. I want to write about hope. If we place our hope in money and it goes...so goes our hope. If we place our hope in our health and it fails, so goes our hope. IF we always place our hope in Christ we'll never be out of hope. So true. That little quote wasn't original. It came from someone else who is much wiser than I am.

We are commanded in scripture to pray for the leaders of this country. I'm not trying to be cynical, but I wonder how many liberals ever prayed for a conservative president? Only God knows. All I know is that I pray for whomever is in office. In these dark days that are ahead we should do just that. The good news is to follow. As the days grow darker, we are just getting closer to the coming of our Lord. Our hope must rest in the Lord. For whom else can we turn to? I think the answer in obvious. Well, the dust has settled. What is done is done. I'm not happy about it. But, let's do the biblical thing.

"I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions,
and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
For kings, and for all that are in authority;
that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour"
(I Timothy 2:1-3).

Paul our beloved apostle had it right. Even so come Lord Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. It's interesting to me that Christianity tends to align itself very strongly with conservative political beliefs. I wonder why we do that? Just something I've been wrestling with lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stephy,

    Actually, I agree with you. When Christ came, he didn't even really deal with politics, he dealt with people's lives. I guess the only real answer I can come up with is that the "moral" issues that the Bible presents line up more closely with conservatives than with liberals. However, I don't know for sure. I appreciate you writing.

    Randy

    ReplyDelete