Monday, April 7, 2008

He Doesn't Change


There I am. I cannot focus. Why does it have to be this way? So many things I'm pondering. I need to pray. But, I cannot even force the words. Why the paradox? So many things on my heart and too lethargic to pray them! Then, there are days when I can't shut up. I can pray for a long time voicing my praise, prayer and supplication to the Lord.

God knows that already. Unlike me, he is unchangeable. And...I'm sure glad he is! When I'm down and fickle or if I'm on the proverbial mountaintop, he changes not! His love endures for all time. There are days when some of my prayers amount to just a plea of help, "Oh Lord, I need you!" Other days I can't voice the words fast enough to tell the Lord how much he means to me.

I'm still musing over the book by John MacArthur, "The Tale Of Two Sons." I just cannot get over the fact that the father "ran" to his son! This has always been my favorite story in the Word. I'm not the only one. I know many are touched by this story and see themselves in it!

So, while I sit here tonight, I think of my unchanging Lord. Thank you Lord for those times when I couldn't even sit with you an hour while you prayed but you'd still go to the cross for me! What marvelous love he has bestowed upon us. Oh to comprehend the width and length and depth and height of the love of Christ! (Eph 3:18) Thank you Lord for being so good to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment